Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Strangely Content

Photo taken from here
I am actually not all that prepared for Christmas, and I just don't seem to care. Our Christmas decorations are up, we have logs for the fireplace, hot chocolate, and (another) gingerbread house kit....and that feels like enough for me this year. We have no meal planned- no special hams or turkey, no salads or fruits, no wild rice soups or rice puddings. I haven't even baked a single Christmas goody (yet?)....I feel like I went from planning Thanksgiving, to enjoying our Thanksgiving company, to recovering from Thanksgiving, to packing and prepping for our mini-vacation/important-and-exciting excursion to pick up a friend (it was, really, SO good to see you Angie!)...and now, I need time to recover from that.       So, I kind of don't have time or energy to start making and planning for all that....I thought I'd come home and hit panic mode (ya'll remember this feeling I talked about?), because what is Christmas without all that?? But, I am finding that I am strangely satisfied with the Christmas in my head. We won't starve. We each have at least one gift to open, we have beautiful Christmas lights....the promise of snow....a few treats for a stocking (but no place to really PUT said stockings, that we don't actually own).....Christmas music, a bible and the story of Jesus birth, access to online sermons, some old Christmas in Zion's to peruse..... and each other. After all, just like it says in How The Grinch Stole Christmas "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!" Hope you all find time to remember the "little bit more" in the midst of your traditional store-filled holidays! Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, and a new year full of the peace and joy the Christmas season has instilled in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...