Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

September Reads

We try to make a library run once a week, and each week Cheerio is allowed to pick out four books, and I pick out one I think I'd like to read to her, for a total of five books, this month we read:


The two books on top in the photo above are books we added to our own personal collection this month.


Cheerio's Top Two: Caps For Sale and Another Brother
Mom's Top Two: ERNEST, the Moose Who Doesn't Fit and Ox-Cart Man
And we both loved: Mind Your Manners, B.B. Wolf


Okay, this last set of books was just super fun, and I do believe we both enjoyed reading ALL of the books selected. 


AND...Mom's books. I was just going to review my favorite book, but that ended up being TOO hard to choose! Ahh, the joys of a good book. :)
The books I read this month, in two sentences or less, were:

An amazing book about a young woman who embraces the challenges God asks of her and moves to Uganda fresh out of high school. Truly inspiring.
 An old mansion in small town Ireland is refurbished into a relaxing bed-and-breakfast style destination by the sea. We get a brief look into the lives of each of the guests who stay during opening week.

 A 12 year old girl lives with her often-gone mother in a single trailer by the tracks. She works hard to keep a semblance of normal in their lives with cheerful positivity.


 A college student takes on a job for a seemingly eccentric old woman to transcribe the diary of an accused Salem witch. Brings you into the emotions of Salem which will leave you wondering if it was a true story! :) P.S. If you ever decide to read this book, you may be interested in THIS link when you're finished. :)
NEVER hesitate to ask for more information about ANY book! What book do you recommend I read next? (Not that I don't have a long list already, but I'm always eager to add to it!)

4 comments:

  1. Great list! :) I've been reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy, which is a FANTASTIC book, but also devastating and depressing. And The Republic by Plato which is kind of boring but also interesting, and I have to read it for English. So. :D Sounds like you've been having a fun month of reading. I wish I've read more. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep checking my local library for "The Road" to come in...might have to reserve it yet!!

      Delete
  2. Oooo, The Shape of Mercy looks really interesting! I'll have to check my library:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice! I enjoyed all the books listed for different reasons, but I think that one captured my attention in a way none of the others quite accomplished!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...