Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Love is beauty

My sweet little Cheerio and I were doing nothing special one day and I was busy watching the way she helped her sister find toys, and the way her whole body gets animated when she is excited-almost like a little puppy, and the way her long fingers grace each one of her toys, and the way her nose wrinkles, and the way her hair never stays combed, and I told her "Cheerio, you're beautiful!" Because she is. Everything about her is beautiful to me, and her reply gave me pause. "I love you, too." she said. 'Wow," I thought, "how true is that? Love is seeing the beauty!' When I love a certain day, it's because it was beautiful to me. When I love an outfit it's because I feel beautiful in it. When I love a painting or a song it is because it is in some way beautiful to me. And when I love a person, I find them to be beautiful. So, what if we looked for the beauty? Wouldn't we find the love there, too? <3 <3
© Jenae Karvonen
Children are the best philosophers I've ever met, yet they say everything so matter-of-factly, like it's something everyone already knows. What philosophical lesson you have received from a child?

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...