Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

An old part of me....

I discovered a small book of poems I had written quite a few years ago. It is amazing to look at them and see how far I have come in finding meaning and happiness for my life. I have chosen to share them with you in the next few weeks/months and hope you will be kind to the person I once was. It is hard for me to type them up exactly as they are and not change anything-wording, content, punctuation, but I did it! They're all typed up, but I'll share them one at a time as seems appropriate. I actually feel they are quite poetic in their own way. Who knew poems were so fun? Enjoy!

gone
with a gentle hug
you wiped away the tears.

sunlight dazzled off the water,
sparkles glittered in the dew.

and you promised
all you wanted for me was happiness.

then you went home for the day, the week, the year,
and you took all of the sunshine away.

I could no longer believe everything you had to say
and I need relief from that pain.
~2006

Do you like to write poems, read poems, or are poems a bit too vague for you, generally?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is incredibly courageous of you! It's hard (at least, I find it to be) to share old writings of any kind. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! At some points in my life this would have been a LOT harder to share, but I think I am feeling far enough removed from this part of my life that it doesn't feel as difficult to share here. And thank you for the compliment on my blog! I am much happier with it now than I was. :)

      Delete
  2. P.S.: I love the new look of the blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very courageous! It leaves me feeling rather sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All but one of them left me feeling rather sad :( But, I guess that's the sign of a good poem? When it can leave you feeling something? Not to brag or anything... :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...