Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

October's Best Books


My daughter and I loved this rhyming little ditty (okay, it's not a song, but it could be) of a book. Quick and easy to read it's simply fun to get through.


Ohhh, my. Cheerio and I found a copy of this book at our local used bookstore and I just couldn't pass it up. I remembered it from my childhood fondly, though I couldn't clearly remember the story line, and it didn't let me down. Cheerio also loves it and wonders "where my little toot, mom?" every time I put it away with the rest of the books.

And for me:

A first person account of an African child's experiences in war as an orphan, a soldier, a rehabilitated young man, and the moments the war caught up to him once again. A shocking horror as any war book will be.


A book set both in the eyes of a slave in southern U.S.A. and a modern day lawyer searching to discover the true painter to a set of famous and valuable paintings.


As someone who has little interest in newspapers and their electronic counterparts, I knew very little about the famous Amanda Knox and the case that surrounds her before picking up this book. I love these tragically real books-questionable guilt, innocent people accused, and police cases gone wrong- so really, this case was right up my alley and if I had had any notion of news at all, I probably would have been glued to the coverage with the rest of the world. I wonder if that would have brought a different outlook to this book?

Hope you all had an adventure-filled month with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...