Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Poetry in November

Shattered

My dreams
were big,
but I disregarded them all.
I focused
on one
and began to watch it fall.
All I needed to do was catch that star.

I searched,
I studied,
and I ran to catch that star.
I cried,
I pleaded,
I couldn't run that far.
In the end, the dream fell into bits upon the floor.

With pain,
with tears
I slowly picked those pieces up.
With silence
and fears
I scattered them out the door.
My big dream was gone forever.

But then,
one by one
strangers chose the pieces off the ground
with love
and tenderness
they cherished the treasures they had found
until only one was left.

I picked it up to realize it was the dream that would truly make me happy.
~2006

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...