Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

(F)oto Friday!-It's Friday, right??

I just cannot keep track of the days right now! With the holidays, and my husband working a little extra, and us staying home a LOT more than usual (Cheerio just hasn't wanted to leave the house-I think she's feeling a bit under the weather, and possibly even growing, too?) everything feels all mashed together. So....I THINK it's Friday! :) And today, my daughter and I finished up our Christmas projects ;), let me show you how we filled our cold and windy evening:
© Jenae Karvonen 2014
© Jenae Karvonen 2014


© Jenae Karvonen 2014


© Jenae Karvonen 0169


The train is completely Cheerio's design (which is why I decided to make it a "lay flat" instead of standing upright, that way it was easier for her to do whatever she wanted), and I absolutely love the way it turned out! Okay, I did help her with the "color pattern" on the last car, but everything else is her doing!! It has been hard for me to learn to just sit back and allow kids to be creative in their own way, but I am so glad I have gotten better at this! I love the way things turn out when she is allowed to do what she wants, and I am not telling her where things are "supposed" to go, or how they are "supposed" to look. Believe me, we had a number of silly looking turkeys around Thanksgiving time, because I decided not to show her exactly where that gobbler was supposed to go, or where the feet belonged (she did have an example of what the project looked like, but chose to do her own thing anyway), but that just made me treasure them even more! I hope you all are also finding ways to stay warm!

2 comments:

  1. Cute!!
    We tried to do a gingerbread village with Natalie but she was more interested in picking off all the candy and eating it...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Meriel! I had to be pretty firm about the fact that first we play, then we eat! If it had not been so close to bedtime, I probably would not have even gotten a photo of the house because as soon as breakfast was done, the entire roof was missing it's decor!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...