Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Join In

Let me be honest with ya'll. My Facebook feed is full of beautiful words that I did not write. Every day I am bombarded with link after link of gorgeously written, meaningful posts. People write about marriages and friendships. About hatred, love, and loss. About humor and loveliness. And its not all posts, sometimes people capture their thoughts not only beautifully, but also concisely (something I've never been good at) to give us a one-sentence or so heart-capturing moment. And lately, I've felt lost. I lost track of the fact that I started writing for me and I've wondered why I even bother to blog. It seemed that every topic I got excited about would show up on my news feed within a few hours. It was already covered in such a heartfelt way that I could never compete. I even got so down about it I whined to my husband that I just wanted to inspire people, but that I had nothing inspiring to give. And his response: 

How do you know?

How important those words are. How do you know you're not inspiring someone? Just because they don't come to you and say, 'You know what? You are my inspiration!' doesn't mean they're not thinking it. And I wanted so badly to just dismiss his words (he's supposed to say things like that, right?), but I found that I couldn't. As much as I tried to blow it off, another part of me was screaming "Yes! That is so true!!" And as I did my best to continue to feel sorry for myself, for my pitiful words and my sporadic bloggings, I remembered this quote:

Image taken from here.
These words stuck with me from the moment I first read them because they are so true! It was like an opening was created in my heart just for those words, and finally reading them, they could be written where they belonged. It takes us all- the good, the bad, the ugly -to support one another. If only the very best bloggers took time to write their words, the internet would surely be a dead place. It would be unoriginal. We would all be left thinking the same things and feeling the same things. It would be silent and uninspiring. It is the diversity, the creativity, the millions of thoughts written and shared that wind up inspiring us all. So, may you take what talents you have, no matter if you are better then the guy to your right, or worse than the guy to your left, and allow yourself to put your heart into it. Let us support and inspire one another with the beauty of our own hearts.

Where do you find your inspiration? And, what do you do with it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...