Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Great Beauty

...is found everywhere. Even in they dying. The dying of the day brings us a beautiful sunset while the dying of the night is a sunrise. The dying of winter brings us tender, new buds and the dying of summer brings freshly gowned trees in glorious colors. And my thoughts linger on the melting of the snow, the glory of a life gone by.

© Jenae Karvonen March 2015

 For you see, the past few weeks these dying flowers keep capturing my attention. As I bustle through the making of meals, the absolute minimum of cleaning and scrubbing I can squeeze in to get by, the washing of tummy drenched bedding.... and more bedding... and more bedding(!) I can't help but smile as I pass by my seemingly unloved bouquet. It was hurriedly clipped and dropped into a jar of water, pushed back onto the windowsill to clear space for sippy cups full of pedialyte and ice cream pails for those lucky moments when we're quick enough....but my browning flowers are completely loved. For they were lovingly chosen by a little girl who knew that 'mommy likes white and clean. It's her favorite' and intentionally purchased by a husband who just likes to see me smile. May my dying flowers bring you a smile today, too. I can always do with a new smile or two, what has made you smile this week?

© Jenae Karvonen March 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...