Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

I need your help!

I have read a number of "blog help" posts and idea boards that say it's important to have a purpose for your blog. Some people say this means you need to have a central theme for your blog; be it mothering, crafting, sewing, etc. But to me, the one that made the most sense is this one from the nesting place that simply includes the idea of a purpose statement (and therefore, you don't necessarily have to restrict content to a certain area). I have been seriously considering what my purpose statement would be and wondering if I will have the time I need to create the blog I want, and the blog my readers want. To help me figure that out I would love to hear from you! Please post in the comments which current blog posting has been your favorite and why. Also let me know which future post idea appeals to you the most:

*A good book appeals to all ages
*Having an open mind/acceptance and what does this mean
*Keeping my life simple
*My Crazy mothering ideas
*Family interactions/pressure
*Why third world countries may not be worse off
*Learning to care for myself
*Recipe reviews
*Being a "hands on" mom & other mothering adventures/advice
*Happiness, why we seek it
*posts that are positive encouragement for daily life


Thanks so much for your help! I can't wait to hear what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. Hey man! I liked the introversion ones & the daycare ones and the cold one and such. Idk why. Haha sorry. I'm lame like that. ;) Of the ones you listed, I think that posts about books and keeping stuff simple and family stuff and third world country stuff would be the coolest. :):) Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After giving this some thought, here are my .02. I think, that while the purpose statement helps to give the writer some focus for the content of their blog, the blogs that I am most drawn to are the ones where the writer has found their own "voice", and have some "authority" of the subject matter, even if that is only their life-experiences. I think you need to figure out what subject matter, or angle you are most passionate about and what is most authentically "you", and that is what will most resonate with your readers. You wrote 3+? Posts on bring introverted , and seemed to get feedback on them. Maybe you need to blog about the seeing the world thru introverted glasses? I think quite a few of the possible post titles could be done with a purpose of better understanding life as an introvert. Maybe that's not quite the right direction that YOU need to go, but trying to get your creative juices going. For example, you mentioned my favorite blogger, the nester, who blogs a. "Shelter" blog with the tag line "it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful". A broad statement that can apply to many areas of life, but she has written her purpose statement to then narrow down what she will included on her blog. This still leaves the door open to blog DIY projects, affordable decor solutions for renters, her own personal design struggles, hospitality, and so on. Does that help, at all? :).

    -k

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...